Hot Electrical Panel

A picture is worth a thousand words – the discolored wall is a sign of an electrical overload – over-heating and possible wood charring inside the wall.

Electrical circuit overloads can happen when more electricity is flowing across an electrical wire than it can handle.

Electrical overload can occur for a number of reasons: loose connections, too many lights and appliances being used on a single circuit, or water getting into the electrical panel.

This is a much bigger problem, as it appears that all of the electrical cables in the wall over-heated possibly due to lightening… or a failed transformer at the pole… or the incoming power lines touching due to an earthquake, a car hitting an electrical pole… or who knows what.

The home inspector highly recommended review by a licensed electrician prior to the close of the contingency period.

Schedule an inspection – mention “I’d like a peace of mind inspection” – Save $25